Jane is an experienced business writer who has also been a training consultant since 1989. Jane loves words and clear compelling communication. She specialises in developing her delegates’ confidence and skills in concise and persuasive documents that are accurately targeted at their audiences. She pays particular attention to planning the content, structuring the message and succinct executive summaries.
Jane is an enthusiastic trainer – her workshops are always lively and provide an atmosphere that encourages delegates to tell their own stories and ask any questions at all about writing. Above all she is a patient listener and explains the intricacies of language in a down-to-earth and business focused way.
Projects have included:
- Report writing courses for client facing staff
- Specialist training in writing credit applications to a rigorous template
- Workshops to help teams formulate and work with a common structure for scientific reports
- Summarising skills for technical writers with non-technical readerships
- Proposal writing coaching, including reading tender documents methodically, formulating a proposal strategy, structuring the key messages and writing to target the audience
- Plain English and proofreading skills
Jane has an MA in modern languages from Cambridge University and an MBA from Henley Management College.
Recent clients include HBOS, PricewaterhouseCoopers, British Medical Association, Bytes Software Services, Hanson, Softcat, London Borough of Bromley, Control Risks Group, Specsavers and Swedish Match.